Menstrual Cycle Calculator: Benefits and Usage
Menstrual Cycle Calculator: Benefits and Usage. When you are only interested in natural contraceptive methods, calendar-based ones are the safest. By simply observing your menstrual cycle, you are able to track your fertility patterns. This can be done by use of a menstrual cycle calculator which is software available online. It allows you to determine your fertile days in relation to the non-fertile days.
As such, you are able to make choices on the right time to have unprotected sex with the aim to conceive, and when to have it without running the risk of unwanted conception. This article helps you to understand what the menstrual cycle calculator is and how you can use it to manage when you want to get pregnant and how to avoid unwanted pregnancies despite having unprotected sex.
♦ What Is a Menstrual Cycle Calculator?
This is a web-based application that makes it easy to calculate by way of estimation to determine ovulation behavior. The use of this calculator helps you know the days you are most fertile and the days you are non-fertile. Some people may use this as a tool to back up natural contraceptive methods since the results may embolden them to have unprotected sex during their “safe” or non-fertile days.
However, caution needs to be observed since this calculator only gives estimates as ovulation behavior varies from woman to woman. The method presumes that you are having regular periods and therefore gives results on that basis. If and when the periods are irregular, the method may not provide accurate information and hence may fail.
♦ Benefits of the Menstrual Cycle Calculator
The use of a menstrual cycle calculator helps a woman in a number of ways. Here are some of those ways.
• In case the woman experiences regular periods and has a proper track of their last ovulation, the results acquired from this calculation can help her determine when is the right time to have sex if she wants to get pregnant.
• The woman can also use that knowledge to determine when she needs to avoid sex during ovulation if she doesn’t want to conceive. She could either avoid or use protection.
• It helps the woman understand her reproductive health better and how her body behaves at different stages of ovulation hence adjusting accordingly or being psychologically prepared to handle the situation.
• The woman is able to know how long her menstrual cycle will last by backing this up with knowledge about mood swings, cramps, tiredness, and other occurrences during ovulation. She is therefore able to put them in control accordingly.
♦ How to Use a Menstrual Cycle Calculator?
Using a menstrual cycle calculator is very easy since the software clearly directs you on what to key in. You need to be armed with accurate information on two things to start:
• The first day of your last period (the date)
• The length of the cycle
The software enables and instructs you on where to key in the information. Upon clicking the “calculate” button, you get results showing when your menstrual cycle is expected to start.
The results also show you the most fertile period with the exact dates of when it is expected to start and when it will end. They will also show your estimated due date for baby delivery if you decide to get pregnant during this period.
♦ When and How to Get Pregnant?
Using the menstrual cycle calculator, you are able to know your most fertile days during the period. It is most likely for you to get pregnant during this time. The most fertile period lasts for 5 days during your menstruation cycle. Having sex during this time leads to conception.
♦ Avoiding Pregnancy
This calculator not only arms you with results for use in determining the right time to seek conception during ovulation and how to avoid pregnancy during the period.
You must avoid having sex during the most fertile days as determined through the calculator. Having sex at that time has a high chance and risk of pregnancy.
The menstrual cycle calculator is a very resourceful tool for a woman who wants to understand and take charge of her reproductive health. It enlightens her on when to have sex or avoid it during ovulation depending on whether her intention is to get pregnant or to avoid pregnancy. The tool should however be used cautiously as a contraceptive as it is not accurate for irregular ovulation patterns.