Effective Tips on How to Increase Your FertilitY. Fertility is the ability to reproduce and have children after a sex intercourse. A fertile woman is the one who can conceive, carry, and give birth to babies. A fertile man is the one whose sperm can fertilize a fertile woman’s egg to create a child. When a sperm from a fertile man fertilizes a fertile female’s egg, an embryo is formed that grows into a child. However, not all people can bear children, which mean they are infertile. Male Infertility is the inability to cause pregnancy in a fertile female, while female infertility is the inability to become pregnant from a fertile man.
There are two types of infertility in both women, primary infertility that means you have never been able to create children and secondary infertility, which means you, had conceived earlier but due to other factors you are unable to conceive. Follow me as we go through them.
♦ Causes of Infertility
1. Ovulation Disorder: Ovulation is when a mature egg is released from the ovary, pushed down the Fallopian tube to be fertilized. Ovulation disorder means that you are rarely ovulating, or you do not even ovulate at all. This condition can be hormonal or can be a problem with the ovary, and it makes it difficult for fertilization to take place.
2. Blocked Fallopian tubes: When Fallopian tubes are blocked, the fertilized egg cannot get into the uterus meaning a woman can conceive. Fallopian tubes can be blocked by pelvic tuberculosis, infections, and previous surgery.
3. Uterine abnormalities: These are abnormalities in the uterine with no precise cause, they are usually from birth.
4. Cervical related problems: Abnormal cervical mucus is one of the causes of infertility in a woman.
5. Vaginismus: This a condition that occurs when a woman is afraid to have a sex intercourse, maybe because it is painful or uncomfortable, making a woman not conceive.
Infertility is a condition that can be rectified for better. Wondering how to increase female fertility? Worry no more, there are several ways to increase in fertility, which include;
♦ Natural Ways to Increase Female Fertility
1. Being overweight or underweight can delay the time to it takes to conceive. William Gibbons, director of Baylor College of Medicine writes weight before getting pregnant is an ignored factor infertility. Keeping a healthy body can help with conception.
2. Some of the fruits and vegetables that can be included in the diet would be the ones that are abundant in Protein, Fiber and Vitamin A such as cabbage, squash, green vegetables, lettuces, broccoli, and cauliflower. Moreover, you should also consider fruits and vegetables with low carbohydrates mitigate the symptoms of PCOS. They include brown rice, whole grains, and green vegetables.
3. A healthy body requires exercise. A sound body is the necessary precondition of a healthy pregnancy. A balanced diet, combined with regular exercise and stress-free life can increase your fertility naturally. The best fertility improving exercises are walking, cycling and swimming.
4. Women who do gardening and other forms of exercises are five times more likely to conceive than those living a luxurious life. Regular exercise stops the production of insulin which is believed to harm the development of eggs.
Sunshine for vitamin D
5. Sunshine boost fertility in women by increasing the level of Vitamin D. Vitamin D increases the level of Oestrogen and Progesterone, which makes conception more likely.
6. Female smokers are 40% more likely to have lower fertility rate. So if you are looking for ways to increase fertility, it is good for you to smoke and drink less.
7. Researchers also believe that a diet rich in refined carbohydrates like pasta, biscuits, and white bread can affect fertility. Refined carbohydrates raise blood sugar that can impair fertility.
8. Omega-3, which is found in Salmon and Linseed, can reduce the risk of miscarriage. These fats are crucial for healthy hormone function.
9. Just one cup of tea or coffee per day can reduce your chances of conception. Tea and coffee can reduce the activity of Fallopian tube.
♦ Food that can Boost Fertility
1. Vitamin B: Vitamins B1 (thiamin), B6 (pyridoxine) and B12, which are found in fruits and vegetables in right quantities, are necessary to make you fertile.
2. Broccoli: Broccoli has been known as an excellent source of vitamin K. This improves fertility.
3. Fish: Oily fish contains a excellent content of Omega 3 fats such as Eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid (EPA and DHA). These fats are essential in our bodies and can boost fertility.
4. Vitamin c: Fresh fruits and spinaches can be an excellent source of vitamin C. They are magnificent at improving our fertility rate.
5. Meat products: They make our cervical mucus hostile to sperm enhancing our fertility.
♦ Medicines that Increases Fertility Rate
1. Clomid or serophene: also known as estrogen blocking drugs are prescribed in cases of abnormal ovulation. They stimulate the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland located in the brain to produce hormones. These hormones include; follicle stimulating hormone, gonadotropin releasing hormone and luteinizing hormone. These hormones help in follicle developments and to boost ovulation. 50 miligrams of clomiphene should be used as the starting dosage for five days. Clomid can raise the chances of multiple births if. Some of the side effects that are associated with this drug include; headaches, blurred vision, bloating and nausea. Clomid can also harden the cervical mucus making it hard for the sperms to get to the uterus.
2. Human chorionic gonadotropin hormones, such as, novarel, profasi and pregnyl. These drugs can be used alongside with other fertility drugs to trigger the ovaries to release egg by inducing the luteinizing hormone.
3. Follicle stimulating hormones, such as, follistum, bravelle and fertinex. These drugs trigger the growth of eggs in the ovaries.
4. Human menopausal gonadotropin, such as, mertodin, menopur and pergonal. These drugs combine the follicle stimulating hormone with the luteinizing hormone to achieve the desired results.
5. Clomiphene and vitamin E help in improving motility of the sperms and their count in male infertility.
♦ Fertility Test for Women
In determining the fertility rate in women, the following process is followed;
1. Tests for reproductive organs: Your Gynecologist will test you in your reproductive organs for any abnormalities and their fertility rate.
2. Hormonal evaluation: to determine your hormonal levels.
3. Lifestyle and health trends: Your gynecologist will want to know about your lifestyle and other past medical history to evaluate your fertility level and rate.
4. Infertility Test for Women: Your doctor will do a pap smear, which will detect any cancerous cell that might hinder you from getting pregnant.
♦ Bottom Line
Finding out that you may have an infertility issue could be devastating; it is heartbreaking and can completely ruin your life. However, it is important you share it out with your partner and find a way out. You need to be calm as you discuss this with your spouse, avoid blaming each other. Sit together and come up with a reliable solution. It is also important for you and your partner to go for counseling, a counselor will assist you in your situation, you can also enroll on specialized counseling groups where you will meet other couples who have fertility issues like you. Sharing will help you in a great deal, and you will know you are not alone in this battle.
Everybody wants to carry and hold their children. It is believed that marriage is not complete if there are no kids. It is, therefore, important for a couple to be able to fulfill Gods command, ‘Go ye and fill the world’, and they need to be fertile to do so. Medical researchers advise every mature male and female to know their reproductive status and health as early enough as they can. This will help them to prevent any threatening infertility condition and possibly cure it before it becomes a blocking factor to give birth.
Finally, there are fertility centers that you can visit for further advice, and you can opt to find a surrogate mother, Insemination, or you can also adopt a child. There are many solutions that are available for infertile women to make them mothers, don’t hide, and die inside just because you are infertile, if you try all the above methods to increases fertility and nothing happens, don’t give up, you will find different other ways to become a mother.