Opiate withdrawal may not be life threatening but the entire process can be very hectic to manage. There are few effective things that help with opiate withdrawal. This is because the process is normally accompanied by symptoms that may lead to serious health complications. However, if certain home remedies, supplements, medications and methods are used then opiate withdrawal can be a complete success. The nature of severity of opiate withdrawal varies and it is dictated by level of dependence. Below are some of commonly used home remedies, supplements, medications and methods for opiate withdrawal help.
Home Remedies for Opiate Withdrawal Symptoms
Excessive dependence on opiates may lead to risk tolerance levels in the body. In order to avoid such cases that are often difficult to manage it is wise to try out certain home remedies to counter opiate withdrawal problems. Some of the home remedies that have proved effective include but not limited to the following:
- Drinking plenty of water:Drinking a lot of water during opiate withdrawal process can play a pivotal role in combating withdrawal symptoms such as diarrhoea and other related symptoms like vomiting. Water helps in hydration in the body and thus one of the simple and easy to use home remedies for opiate withdrawal help.
- Embrace Self Regulated Tapering:Most people tend to find self regulated tapering impossibility due to the compulsive nature of addiction. However, the key note in self regulated tapering is adequate preparation. Tapering off opiates slowly before going off them for good helps in limiting the intensity of withdrawal symptoms.
Important Supplements for Opiate Withdrawal Symptoms
Supplements are also vital in opiate withdrawal help. However most of known supplements have not been fully proved to offer help in combating withdrawal symptoms. Some studies have found out that certain complementary supplements can help in reducing the intensity of opiate withdrawal symptoms. Some of these supplements include the following:
- Natural sleep supplements:Using natural sleep supplements such as Melatonin or Valerian also helps in treating withdrawal symptoms such as sleeplessness.
- Chinese herbal supplements:Herbal supplements such as ginseng,Tai-kang-Ning and U’Finer can help in moderating withdrawal especially those associated with heroin. U’Finer helps in repairing damages caused by opiates to the brain.
- Nutritional supplement:Nutritional supplements such as multivitamins and eating healthy food can help in reducing severity caused by withdrawal symptoms. This is because during withdrawal, human body can experience a lot of nutritional deficiencies.
Read more about: Asthma allergy or both? You must know
Medications and Methods for Opiate Withdrawal Symptoms
Most symptoms associated with opiates withdrawal are common and thus opiate withdrawal help can be found in over the counter medications. For instance diarrhoea can be curbed by Loperamide. Other non prescriptions medications that should be taken under guidance of medical professionals to combat opiate withdrawal symptoms include the following:
- Non Steroidal anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs).
- Topical analgesics
- Anti nausea medications
Besides the use of OTC medications, there are also other treatments and methods for Opiate withdrawal symptoms that are used conventionally. One of such methods is Detox. However, detoxification process requires proper preparations because it is a more challenging and comprehensive method. It is prudent to note that using detox method and program under concert with compassionate and professional treatment program can be a very effective opiate withdrawal help.